Thursday

We're underway!

The response to the Marysville Quilt Project has been wonderful!

So far, 25 quilt blocks have been posted out, to quilters as far away as South Australia and New South Wales. We're off to a good start!

I wonder who will be the first to finish their square?? Now there is no rush, but I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I need to think about my own square. For a non-quilter like me, this is uncharted territory. Today I popped my head in a local quilting store, and bought some of that special sticky iron-on paper stuff that you use when doing applique. (I can just about manage blanket stitch, thanks to the combined efforts of my mum, grandmum and Brownies.) I'm sure others will be able to supply the correct name for this paper ...

Happy quilting, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I too am not a quilter (yet!) but would happily contribute stitchery to this cause. I love this idea! Thank you for setting this up. This is doable for me.

    ReplyDelete